Cold Pressed Soap Making for Beginners
Time & Location
About the Event
This is a beginner class for cold process soap making from the ground up.
You will learn to make a basic plain soap with the option of adding colouring and botanical items, and you will leave confident in your ability to continue on your soap making journey.
Classes run over a period of 4 hours with a small group of 4 people — this makes sure everyone gets the support they need from start to finish.
Please note: The minimum age for participants in this course is 16.
With this class option I ask that you bring with you the following:
- 50ml of essential or fragrance oil of your choice.
- 3 x 1lt milk or juice cartons - thoroughly washed and dried.
- Safety goggles.
- Heat and chemical resistant gloves.
- Waterproof apron.
- You will need to wear long sleeved clothing and closed shoes.
You are provided with the following to use and keep for future soap making:
- All the oils needed for the basic recipe — olive, coconut and rice bran.
- Lye solution.
- Sodium lactate.
- Mica soap colouring powder.
- Botanicals — a choice of lavender, oatmeal, poppy seeds, chamomile or calendula.
You will be given a manual to remind you of all you have learned, including the basic recipe, as well as 2kg of the soap you have created - approximately 20 x 100gm bars.
Light refreshments will be provided for afternoon tea, so please advise if you have special dietary requirements.
Cost: $130 per person.
Should you need to cancel your class, please let me know as soon as possible. I am happy for book you in for another class or, if you prefer, pass on the booking to someone else. I do not, however, offer a refund if you are unable to attend.
Should I need to cancel a class, I will let you know as soon as this information comes to hand and will provide another date for your class.